by August 14, 2013on
As a busy doctor or nurse, it is important to find ways to help you work smarter and not harder. One of the great assets you have in your arsenal of tools is your Smartphone. With your phone, you can look up important information, make a diagnosis, or contact other medical professionals. Medical apps are available to provide a new perspective and resource for doctors and nurses be more accurate and efficient. Here is a list of the top 5 apps that we think will help with your day to day tasks:
Us of course! If you aren’t familiar with our app, HIPPOmsg is a free HIPPA compliant app designed by doctors, for doctors. It allows doctors and nurses to text message each other while still complying with HIPPA’s guidelines. The application is secure, instant, and free for any registered professional in the healthcare field.
- Instant communication with other medical professionals
- Easily searchable network of medical professionals
- HIPPA secure emailing and texting
- Easy to use
- It’s free
Calculate provides a wealth of information regarding various medical conditions. This clinical calculator is available for the iPhone, iPad and Android devices. It helps determine diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of the individuals served by doctors and nurses. It has a huge range of tools that users can access with a few swipes and clicks.
Features of this application include:
- Help determining cardio risk
- ACS using TIMI risk score
- Calculates water deficit
- Helps determine appropriate chemo dosing
- Calculates ideal body weight
- Calculates pregnancy due dates
- Manages injuries
This app is designed by doctors for doctors. It increases patient engagement and awareness through communication and interactive tools. DrawMD allows doctors to easily explain conditions to patients in a way that is easy to understand and absorb.
Features of DrawMD include:
- Clear anatomy images
- A library of stamps
- Freehand drawing capabilities in multiple colors
- Undo options
- Save and email drawings made using the app
- Import abilities
DrawMD is also available for pediatrics, vascular, urology, orthopedics and OBGYN care.
MedPage is an application that delivers the top news in the medical and medical-science industry to physicians. It is easy to ignore the mainstream news concerning medical news, but MedPage brings the most important information to physicians and nurses in an easy format. MedPage is written from a clinical perspective as well.
- Earn credits for reading information using the app
- View a checklist of information for drugs, disease and labs to do research after reading a story
- Share information between physicians and nurses easily
Symptomia is a fast application that checks the symptoms of a patient to compare with potential diagnoses. This application checks the most common symptoms and compares them against potential conditions that a patient may be suffering from. This application doesn’t require Internet access, so hospitals and ambulances in areas with poor signals can still utilize this application.
Features of Symptomia include:
- Easy-to-use design
- Modern medical information
- Targeted towards medical students and residents
- Rapid searching
- Bookmarking capabilities
- Facilitates an accurate diagnosis